View Single Post
      09-26-2019, 05:47 AM   #5
Thomas590
Private
Rep
Drives: A3 2.0T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff@TopGearSolutions View Post
It sounds like fuel over-run. Basically unburnt fuel in the exhaust, exploding.
Well, it's not a simple burble tune. As I said, it more like ALS.

Here's a quote from @Andrew

Quote:
So basically the answer is yes it is possible, but technically, as of now I don't believe there is any off the shelf options to achieve this, It would need to be hard flashed not something simply coded, a retrofit of m2 n55 engine parameters would possibly be the answer, the hardware is all there between the two cars, flash tune manufactures are focused on fuel dumping for flame maps or "ak47" burble and not so much the OEM M throttle lift, I enjoy the sound as well and was interested in retrofitting

Basically BMW is using the DME to controlling fuel sending more when the throttle goes to close in order to keep the turbo/turbos spooling in order to mitigate lag thats what is going on from my understanding, the m2 has pretty much the same engine as the m235, there are differences but not enough to make an engine parameter from one incompatible with another as far as I know

I ended up selling my m235i and now have an f80 so I never continued to search for the answer to this, I would think it is possible to contact someone who creates DME flashes, such as bootmod3, in the parameter entries there must be a specific location that controls overrun, distinguishing the difference between the non m n55 and the m n55 and would be a simple addition as it already exist
So I'm wondering now if my local tuner could adopt M2 DME into m235i.
Used DME for M2 cost around ~1.2k I believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darubba View Post
Nice video
With catless downpipe it sounds even better!
Appreciate 0