View Single Post
      07-02-2022, 03:00 PM   #16
Alonso085
Enlisted Member
Ireland
Rep
Drives: E31 840ci / E92 325i/ i3 / E36

The car has been off the road for the last 2 months as I was waiting for some parts to arrive.

I also picked up a 2015 i3 as the price of petrol is now €2:15/L here, which is crazy and I have access to an 18 panel solar garden that gives me free charging where I store my cars.

All the parts arrived last week so it was in for a 2 day service with my mechanic getting new front shocks, brake discs and pads all round, transmission flush and filter, oil pan gasket and check for loose bolts, new spark plugs and fuel filter. Got a bunch of bearings for rear wheels and prop shaft as there was a squeak coming from the rear in the last few times I drove it and thought it might be the centre bearing.

Everything went in perfectly my mechanic checked every bushing and the prop shaft for the squeak, he said there was no play in anything and it was his guess that it was the alignment causing the squeak, as the front shocks were both completely gone. No bolts were sitting in the oil pan and only one was a little loose on the oil pump. It really needed the transmission flush he said, so delighted I got that done, although if the transmission were to go. It would be a good excuse to put a manual in, but that's a job for a few years down the road.

The only thing I need to change now is the PCV valve it is starting to go and then it should hopefully be mechanically perfect, for a 27 year old car.

I took it out for a 120 mile drive today and it drove like a completely different car, no squeaks from the brakes it was a dream. I will get a video uploaded of it at some point, I tried to upload directly in the app now but I guess you can only link from YouTube and creating an account is a job for another day.

If you are thinking of getting yourself an e31 or an i3, I would say go for it you will not be disappointed!
Attached Images

Appreciate 5
Davil6524.50
Almuliman483.50
Mani5913493.00