View Single Post
      10-29-2021, 04:39 PM   #1
BillG2A
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240 6spd.

TARDIS? Our cars Have amazing Track Day storage Space

The F22 body is like a Tardis - larger on the inside than expected. Last week I was at a track event and my neighbors - BMW340, C7, WRX, 370Z drivers were amazed I brought race tires , floor jack ,tool boxes, and a tent in the M240. I have owned and tracked an E39 540, a CTS-V, a first gen NSX and a Mitsubishi starion (lift back - One Lap of America 1997) none come close to the practical ease of taking a F22 body to a track day or weekend.

With the folding rear seats down - you can get , as they say in GA a shit -ton of stuff in a F22. I can take a co-driver/spectator/tech support in passenger seat and can keep the front seats in a reasonable position
I even have a Bray - Krause M2 R1287 harness bar installed I use with a Schroth Profi II ASM FE 3x2 4 point harnesses. I removed the rear seat bottom cushion, and by removing two bolts the bar can fold enabling me to fold down the read seat. I put cardboard down to protect the carpet and rear seatbacks ( and a piece for over the rear bumper and trunk to protect while loading and unloading). With other cars I have trailed them to track, or prep'd the car and drove on track tires.

Large items:
- 4 track tires with covers Nexen Nfera Sur4G 200 tw square 235/40/18
surprisingly consistent and very good wet grip.
- 30" x 17 x 15 tool storage box (for 3 ton floor jack, wheel chocks, brake bleed kit, extra brake pads, fluids, 1/2 torque wrench, backup lugs/studs, tire pump about 90 lbs. full)
- tool bag
- 10 x 10 canopy tent (passenger seat but may fit in rear)
- Cooler for water and gator-aid
Small items:
- folding chairs, helmet , backpack, all other

Pictures below:
Attached Images

Appreciate 0