11-19-2013, 12:02 PM   #29
MegaMatt3
Bimmer Candidate
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
IF the car model is a N55 then you do not get fog lights. Only for the lesser models (116i/118i/125i/118d/120d) with M-Sport do you get fog lights. It's not a US thing but rather a BMW thing.

Now to totally confuse you... sometimes on early pre production models, BMW will build the early cars WITH fog lights!
In another thread we've discussed this topic. The general consensus is that US versions of the 2 series will not have the horizontal trim pieces ("air blades") in the front air dams. This is because of BMW's traditional practice of building warmer climate versions of their cars, which I guess it considers the US to fall under.

More detail: If you look closely at most pictures, the versions with the trim piece don't have pass-through holes in most of the mesh behind the trim piece -- it's just one plastic piece without holes and just the look of mesh. In the versions without the trim pieces, it looks like the air dam is functioning because there truly are holes that go through the dam. This lends credibility to the theory that the ones without the air blades are for warmer climates.
Appreciate 0