View Single Post
      06-18-2021, 07:42 AM   #1
PeanuKeeyes
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E34 | MX5

Millway street camber: review

These plates are simple and functional, - they do the job. They don’t require trimming of the top hat rubber boot so when I open the hood, it all looks normal.

Fitment Issues:

I am not a mechanic so I don’t know the exact name for this, but there is a post that anchors the strut bar, pictured below, that blocks the camber adjustment slider from sliding all the way out to its maximum negative setting. Millway seems to have tried to account for this post by notching the side of the slider… just not enough. So the most that could be set was -2.1° which is perfectly acceptable for my use, but something to consider if you’re expecting more.

NVH:

The car always felt like it was easing into the next setting when switching between comfort and sport +. Now with the powerflex bushings, that switch is very noticeable immediately. When going over bumps on the highway, the car really lets you know about it now in Sport + as soon as you hit the switch. I feel it in the steering and through the chassis a lot more. In comfort, the suspension is still compliant and it quiets down considerably going over bumps. No complaints here.

There’s no thunking or clicking and from what I can tell, all the additional minimum NVH that exists now is mostly due to the Powerflex bushing upgrade. It’s a subtle upgrade, but I love it so far. I’m glad I went with the “race” grade or black series bushings instead of the “street” bushings. I don’t imagine I would have felt a difference otherwise.

Stability / daily drivability

The car was stable at speeds on the highway with the track alignment and I didn’t feel the car wandering around on its own at all. I could feel some slight pull in the wheel from side to side when the car wanted to follow a crown in the road, but because I could feel it, I could compensate easily and I was never drifting into the next lane.

Once I got onto my favorite back roads, I was psyched with how much better the car turns-in compared to what I’ve been used to. It’s a big difference.

I think this is a worthwhile upgrade for anyone who likes ripping down some B roads and/or does an occasional track day. Your tires will be happier with the latter.

The entire process cost about $1,500 between parts and labor. I’m retaining mostly OEM parts in the suspension geometry and just getting things a little more rigid and responsive. I’ll have more to say after some track time with them.
Attached Images