View Single Post
      10-29-2019, 10:11 PM   #3
230iZTR
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Signal Orange wrapped 230i THP

I agree completely. Camber plates, significantly stiffer springs, and the Dinan shockware tune completely changed the car. It tended to bounce and skitter (too little rebound? Hitting bumpstops?) with mild understeer when I'd carry too much speed into a corner. A white knucked, pants-browning experience with cones sent flying. Now the front tires bite much more and it tends to mildly oversteer at the limit of the Supersports. I'm not the most engineering oriented person, but I think the Dinan shock tune increased the rebound and mellowed out the compression, and the net result is the tires are on the ground a lot more.

Then again, it's adaptive, so I'm not sure exactly what is being changed on the fly as an active system or if it's just adjusting the parameters of the the default "soft" and "hard" modes in a passive system.

We'll see how it handles the switch to RE71-Rs next season. I'm hoping it exposes my driving as the weak link because I'm happy with where the suspension is for street driving and don't want to make the costly jump to coilovers.

Last edited by 230iZTR; 10-29-2019 at 10:46 PM..
Appreciate 0