View Single Post
      04-10-2019, 10:18 AM   #42
Tslbmw
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 24 M2 ZB MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx_Rufus View Post
Welcome and congrats! Looks like a nice build and a good deal. You're right about the wait, it will be brutal. Here's a really detailed post on how to track your car all the way to delivery if you haven't seen it yet. https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1181156.

Are you going to take delivery at your dealer or at the performance center in SC? Seems like there are pros and cons to both. On one hand, I'd already have my car if I took delivery at the dealer (perf ctr builds extra time in their scheduling so they don't risk having cars delayed and frustrated owners.), but everyone really seems to enjoy the delivery experience down there. Looking forward to Monday! (Not often I say that...)
Thanks! Regarding the deal, I wondered how good it was...hard to tell since there aren't any 2020's out there yet. If an incentive pops up in May/June, that would make it even sweeter! I plan to hold on to this car for quite a while -- especially with the idea that it could be one of the last manuals they produce.....who knows, it might be worth a little something one day if cared for properly???

Thanks for the tracking info.

I'm sadly just doing the dealer delivery -- that's mainly due to my busy schedule. I've read/heard nothing but great things about that experience; and even the drives back home sound amazing. I'm definitely a little jealous of that and I'm positive you made the right choice.

I look forward to hearing about your experience and seeing pics of your new ride....you're lucky to be so close to delivery!
Appreciate 0