11-27-2018, 12:05 PM   #367
Bluesmobile
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 228i Convertible x-drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPC View Post
lost my professional coding on last dealer visit. got bimmercode and a bluetooth adapter and recoded everything i wanted in minutes. for half the original cost. and now i can do it whenever i need to in the future. fantastic. easy. if you are on the fence give this a go. doors unlock with off button,. stereo turns off when door is opened. no more seatbelt warning. no more screen warning. so much more too
Same here - I was a little apprehensive that I would screw something up coding my 2015 228i vert as I had read people having challenges with coding the mirror open/close and still have the top open close with either the key fob, comfort close door handles, or internal cabin switch. I used V-gate icar 2 (wifi version) and BimmerCode and had no problems, although it doesn’t look like the m performance screen animation or instrument cluster m designation “took”.

But having mirrors fold/unfold on lock/unlock, doors unlock when ignition turned off, radio off when door opens, door handle lights when in reverse, tire psi and temp displayed, and digital speedometer, were all super easy to code without having to go into the intimidating “too many options + I can’t read German” expert mode.

Last edited by Bluesmobile; 11-27-2018 at 10:21 PM..
Appreciate 0