View Single Post
      05-04-2020, 09:01 AM   #82
stevemg9
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M235i

First, XutvJet thanks for starting this thread and posting all of the info/pictures, like others have said, this thread is super helpful and has had a huge impact on my wheel/tire selection.

I'm currently running the stock square 7.5" wheels with 225 summer runflats. Very happy they're finally worn out and now I'm thinking about a square 245 setup. I really wanted the OZ Leggera HLT's because I think they look amazing and are only ~19lbs, but I just can't justify spending that much on wheels living in Southeast Michigan.

I've been looking at the FlowOne Race Spec (terrible name) F4 wheels on TireRack since the look is about as close as I can get to the Leggera style - but they're much cheaper and pretty light (~20lbs). They are 18x8 ET42 and I'm leaning towards the Continental ExtremeContact Sport 245/35/18 because they seem to be at least 90% as good as the MPS4S at about 80% of the cost.

The Conti's list the same section width as the MPS4S's at 9.8" but have a 0.2" wider tread width (8.6" vs 8.4"). I'm thinking fitment should be very similar since section width should be all that matters, right? Also the 42mm offset should push the tire 1mm farther away from the strut than in OP's verified fitment at ET43. Any insight on possible fitment issues?

Also wanted to see if anyone out there has any experience with these FlowOne wheels. All the reviews I can find seem to be positive but I'm still a little uneasy about purchasing them. The other option at almost the same price, size (18x8 et42), and weight would be the Enkei Raijin. Definite a more reputable company, but I'm not in love with the looks. Any info would be appreciated!
Appreciate 0