08-14-2017, 01:13 PM   #37
ryem3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 MB M2 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by havinfun View Post
I confirmed that the rear speaker wiring on the 2018 M240 is STILL inconsistent: the right rear speaker (behind passenger side) has a red stripe wire connected to + on the speaker. The - wire is brown stripe. On the rear left speaker (behind driver's side), the + speaker wire is brown stripe whereas the - wire is red stripe. By the way, I installed Morel Maximo Ultra 4" coax speakers. They have a much larger magnet than the OEM speakers and just clear the bottom of the speaker opening. They seem to really smooth out the mid-range: significant sound improvement even without replacing the door speakers.
Just to prove how something so simple can be complicated, I had understanding from the comments that the plug was wired differently and that the red striped wire was STILL the positive one on the driver's side. The opposite of what you've said above! The OP said red to red (positive) so that's what i did. Now, I'm not that impressed with my rears, so maybe i have the polarity reversed! Happy to be set straight! Did you actually check the polarity? I didn't.
Appreciate 0