View Single Post
      02-14-2014, 09:24 AM   #141
Zee Dgerman
Lead, follow, or get out of my way
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 Audi S3

I find very confusing all the ''bashing'' of this car. obviously if you drive a 235 or an M3 this car is not meant for you... the same thing happened with Porsche when they brought out the cayenne. Everyone went apeshit about ''brand dilution'' and ''betrayal of values''. What people don't understand is that because Porsche made the cayenne they can now invest more money into making better, faster, more reliable 911's. The same is true here... while many would argue BMW doesn't need more money, having more will enable them to make more interesting halo cars. So instead of having just the M3 and M5, we're able to get an M1, M3, M5, M6 and maybe who knows one day an M7. I think this ''touring'' car will be very successful, and honestly I like it more than all the crap ugly GT 3ers and GT 5ers they're bringing out, those in my opinion, are useless cars. Honestly I think adding this car to their lineup makes more sense than most of the variants they brought out recently. I would remove the GT's all together in the lineup before I dismiss this car. The mercedes B has been very popular in canada, and i expect this one to do even better. Europe will buy it like crazy.
Appreciate 0