View Single Post
      06-21-2021, 01:23 PM   #17
donkim
Rep
Drives: 230i

We've had a couple of Miata's in the past and recently purchased a 17 230i vert. For us the Miata was a fun car for a short drive but we found it to be cramped, noisy, (seemed nosier w/the top up), and the acceleration wasn't quite enough for me. When we started looking for a replacement "fun" car after selling the last Miata we drove a few 128 & 135 convertibles. Was impressed w/the car overall but every car we found for sale at the time were somewhat cosmetically tired. We started looking at the 2 series and found a Melbourne red w/moonlit top and black interior w/red piping. Absolutely love the car so far. The performance is great w/the auto, seems to be a great combination. The suspension is softer than I'd prefer but it does ride very well and we find the vehicle quiet w/the top up much more so than the Miata. The back seat is small but is additional space the Miata does not have and we find the trunk roomy for a vert and the folding rear seat is another bonus. We installed a set of Yokohama non run flats and very happy so far overall. Doesn't have a back up camera but I'll be adding one along w/a front camera shortly. Obviously, the 2 cars don't directly compete w/each other but for our use the 2 series fits very well.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1