06-02-2022, 04:12 PM   #44
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchGuy View Post
i agree a 21 shouldnt take 1.5-2yrs. based on what ive seen, its been closer to 8-12 months once they officially went in to production and people without reservations started ordering. the hard top was one of the issues, but the latest issues ford is facing is much more than just that. everything from LEDs to seats to chips and everything in between.

but moving forward, and since about january, ford has been delaying delivery timelines on everything every month. like i said, F150s went from about 4 months earlier this year to now 8-12+ months. i dont know how many orders they have for broncos, or how many they plan on producing, but its a safe bet its gonna be at least that and most likely more once 2023s order banks open. Id be happy to be wrong, but right now, its only getting worse.
Some people's Broncos have been built for months (modules and all) there are not enough trucks to ship them... cough-cough.

Maybe manufacturers will start designing cars without all the BS tech in them to keep away from 3rd world supply chain sources... I'll be happy to pay more for domestic sourcing of parts.
Appreciate 1
jesm207.50