View Single Post
      06-02-2022, 03:56 PM   #43
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
The biggest constraint has been the MIC (molded in color) top. The MIC production issues has absolutely strangled 2-door production and seriously hampered 4-door models. Higher trims with more computer modules has also delayed production. Order a lower trim level in 4-door with a soft top, Ford practically shoots those out the door.

I was addressing your MY '23 comment. The 1.5 to 2 year wait you speak of includes the July '20 Reservation time to late June '21 start of full-rate factory production; some 300 days when there was no possibility of production. Once most of the original 125,000 orders from 2021 are completed this year, I doubt MY '23 production will take 1.5 to 2 years to fullfil an order.

The hard top maker is adding a second production line (new facility) to fill MIC top production requirements. The chip shortage, well that's a crapshoot for any product at this point.
i agree a 21 shouldnt take 1.5-2yrs. based on what ive seen, its been closer to 8-12 months once they officially went in to production and people without reservations started ordering. the hard top was one of the issues, but the latest issues ford is facing is much more than just that. everything from LEDs to seats to chips and everything in between.

but moving forward, and since about january, ford has been delaying delivery timelines on everything every month. like i said, F150s went from about 4 months earlier this year to now 8-12+ months. i dont know how many orders they have for broncos, or how many they plan on producing, but its a safe bet its gonna be at least that and most likely more once 2023s order banks open. Id be happy to be wrong, but right now, its only getting worse.

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 0