06-02-2022, 03:54 PM   #42
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piper1 View Post
Not going to touch the political hands into the auto industry of who’s hand jobbing who in this thread plenty still going on in our life time including a certain someone who said let the auto industry go bankrupt. Ford didn’t take the bail out instead put the blue oval as collateral which loans all got paid back.

From issues and recalls basing car buying on that you wouldn’t buy anything either including bmw just to point to 2 recall letters with no know fix on the n52 crank case heaters catching fires that I received. Also knowing the m54 pcv system I understand why the heaters were put on the n52. Coming from a Supra with a 7mgte being bhg prone seeing milky oil in my Z4 you can imagine what I thought and finding out it’s the faults of the pcv on the m54. And even Ferrari wasn’t immune from the takata recall. So we all have our own reasons for buying what we do. Any compliment I get on my e85 I kindly thank and add it’s been blood sweat and tears of a car/build.

And I totally get certain logic on wanting reliability or the illusion of it. It’s a reason I chose a e82 to have as a kid hauler and not a focus or fusion. And personally I wish they’d stop calling the escape and any other new suv in the class including X series a suv and call it what it is, the new mini van. But that’s marketing for you and understand why from the years I spent in retail. Sorry for the rant.
Considering the thousands of threads Ive read over the years since I joined in 2006 about not keeping a BMW past the warranty period, I'll take it that BMW's have a reliability reputation no better than the Domestics. Keep in mind, I have about 950,000 driven miles accumulated on 5 Bimmers since 1988. My current operating fleet is at 727K in total chassis miles. I've had one Acura, one GM truck (still have it), and 7 Fords. None of them have been much better or much worse than the others. All machines break.

I'll bet my Bronco will fit into my Average I've experienced so far.
Appreciate 0