06-02-2022, 02:39 PM   #36
NYG
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi R8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piper1 View Post
My first car was a Chevy. I won’t buy Chevy now based on principle. Last contract gms ceo didn’t want to give wage increases in manufacturing due to wanting to stay competitive with foreign manufacturing. But at the same time was unwilling to take a huge pay cut to match Toyotas ceo. Meanwhile 300 at fords top took 20-50% their pay deferred for least 5 months when the start up the chip shortage happened. https://www.freep.com/story/money/ca...tt/2915125001/

I am more about what vehicle rather than brand as to my main focus of car. And as much as I love the c7&c8 I couldn’t bring myself now to own one. Have had 2 dodges and they just don’t make anything new that sparks my interest.
You won't buy anything if you look at brands in that way.

Henry Ford was quite the close friend of Hitler and the nazi war machine.

Business partner got the new Shelby GT500 - gorgeous car, fast, in the shop every week for ridiculous stuff

At LEAST 5 people I personally know have had their stock Shelby GT350 engines completely explode on the race track. Probably the worst engine Ford has ever designed.

Friend's GT had a piece of 2 cent plastic connecting the starter ground completely shear off mid-track session.

Powerstrokes - don't even get me started on how much they suck.
Appreciate 0