Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchGuy View Post
the wait times?

ford is way behind on 2022s right now. so behind, they had to cut off ordering 2022s a couple months earlier than usual. my experience so far with ordering an f150 is at least 5 months behind the schedule my dealer told me when I ordered, which was a 4-6 month wait. Broncos are worse. Now, if you order through a dealership that moves a ton of units and gets a high allocation, you may get lucky and get it quicker.

the wait times get worse and worse every week as ford cuts lines, cuts scheduling, and places certain features on hold.
The biggest constraint has been the MIC (molded in color) top. The MIC production issues has absolutely strangled 2-door production and seriously hampered 4-door models. Higher trims with more computer modules has also delayed production. Order a lower trim level in 4-door with a soft top, Ford practically shoots those out the door.

I was addressing your MY '23 comment. The 1.5 to 2 year wait you speak of includes the July '20 Reservation time to late June '21 start of full-rate factory production; some 300 days when there was no possibility of production. Once most of the original 125,000 orders from 2021 are completed this year, I doubt MY '23 production will take 1.5 to 2 years to fullfil an order.

The hard top maker is adding a second production line (new facility) to fill MIC top production requirements. The chip shortage, well that's a crapshoot for any product at this point.
Appreciate 0