View Single Post
      06-02-2022, 08:36 AM   #25
991C2
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X3, Porsche 911, VW GTI

I'm ordering a new Bronco in August when the 2023 orders open up (a friend of mine owns a Ford dealership).

I LOVE the look of the new Bronco! It looks totally badass on the road. It's much bigger than I thought it would be (a little more room than the wife's 2022 X3) and had real road presence. It's very rugged (mine will have no carpet, drain plugs and marine grade vinyl seats for easy wash out/cleaning.

I've had Wranglers in the past and have driven the latest Wrangler. It's night and day difference in the way the Wrangler and Bronco drive on the road. The Wrangler feels old whereas the Bronco feels modern and much more controlled. There's a feeling of roominess in the Bronco that you just don't get in the Wrangler.
I don't really care about the differences in IFS vs. live axle front suspension for off-roading. The vast majority of the time I'll be driving it on-road so that argument goes out the window. When I do take it off-road, it'll be fine.

I'll order with the following options:
Black Diamond (Badlands isn't worth the $3k upcharge for headlights and sway bar disconnects)
Cyber Orange - I'll see if Ford offers a different color that I like when orders open up, but I'm pretty set on this one
Soft top - unless the wait for a hardtop doesn't affect delivery
Modular Bumper
V6/automatic
Sasquatch Package
Mid Package
Tow Package

When I was driving my Wranglers and other people would complain about it, I would say "It's a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand."
Same goes for the Bronco and new Wrangler. Roof off and doors off, plus a ton of fun in the snow - they're very versatile and a ton of fun.
Appreciate 0