View Single Post
      04-12-2021, 02:40 PM   #2
ScottSmith
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW E46 N20

I used port B to plumb the accusump, though I also used an S55 thermostat housing, not an N55 version. I'm not saying it's "right," but I also think it doesn't really matter. I will say that I see plenty of oil pressure when starting my car (I have it plumbed to dump oil before I start), so it "works" from that perspective. But I don't know if the accusump ends up with filtered or cooled oil or not.

FWIW I run a 3 qt accusump and a Mishimoto 25 row dual pass oil cooler. Seems to work well even in 100+F weather. Lately I raised the base accusump pressure to 1.3 bar (relative to atmosphere) so there would be more oil available at a higher pressure. Running the way they recommend will increase the oil supply in the accusump, but much of it will be delivered at a pressure I consider too low to be useful. If you have a data aquisition system (Aim etc) you can get a pressure sensor for the accusump itself and see when it is working.

BTW you don't care about feed/return due to gravity (the oil is going the same amount of up/down) but because the bottom of the radiator is cooler. Again I have no idea if I got it right.

There was a series of posts where someone installed an accusump on an N55 motor, and they had opinions on the right way to route it. Google search for "accusump n55" and you'll see a thread on another forum that shows pics.

Also be wary of the AN fitting adapter; I got cheap ones on ebay and they leaked oil all over the place. I ended up replacing the o-rings and that solved the problem. Maybe your fittings are higher quality since they're Mishimoto branded.
Appreciate 2
ngl118.00