View Single Post
      08-14-2018, 02:35 AM   #11
huma
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: U11 one day

Thanks for all the advice. Wish I knew about BMW CCA before I dropped the vehicle off to the local BMW dealership for repairs.

They did an okay job, I guess. Paint is nearly perfect minus the curved edges of the fenders and hood. Found some over spray and they took care of it. Hood, fenders and bumper isn't aligned perfectly. Which causes some noticeable gaps.

Kind of strange, but the passenger headlight wasn't working after they installed a new one. They took it to the dealership and they said they replaced it with another new headlight under warranty. Picked up the vehicle today and guess what.....drum roll.....passenger headlight doesn't work.

Overall the vehicle was in the body shop for about a month and the insurance company estimated roughly $4,900 in repairs, but it ended up costing nearly $11,000.

Took the vehicle to a dealership for a trade in quote. It's a little more than I initially expected, but not as much as I would like. Put a deposit for my next vehicle and will probably have to wait anywhere from three to nine months. The GM told me there is eight people with deposits ahead of me.

The fun part starts later today when I contact insurance for the DV claim. Fairly certain it's going to be a ridiculously low amount and will take months of back and forth before they will settle on a fair rate. If worse comes to worse, I found a DV appraiser to use if they will take their quote. If all else fails, will have to take them to small claims court.

The second fun part is when I call the body shop and dealership to find out who will be responsible for the passenger headlight. The dealership doesn't have their own body shop. They have a joint body shop with Mercedes that repairs their vehicles and other high end vehicles.

It is amazing being able to drive this car again, but the damage from the accident is too much for me to keep the vehicle. It's never going to be the same and the dealership could have done a better job repairing it. The positive out of this is at least there are new headlights and a bumper/hood that doesn't have chip marks all over it.
Appreciate 0