View Single Post
      05-15-2018, 06:48 PM   #1
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Dinan M235, Dinan Sport Wagon

After driving our E46 for a few days I really enjoyed the perforated leather sides on the wheel and started to think about custom options for my M235. I did not like any of the OEM options from BMW, alcantara does not work well with aggressive OCD and all of them lose heat (which I have).

There are DIY wheel cover options for $50 or Coby will do an alcantara one for you for around $200. After a lot of online digging and research I came across Dallas Custom Steering Wheel. I traded a few emails with Donald there and was confident that he'd be able to do what I wanted. They can do literally anything you want and the options are limitless. I opted for a modern version of the E46 ZHP wheel on my father's car, with the red stripe at top because why not. I sent Donald my wheel core and emergency brake handle to match the coral red.

Removing the wheel is very straight forward but learn from my waste of time and TAKE PICTURES as you go. Putting it back together is a jigsaw puzzle of wires. The torque spec for center bolt is 62nm.

I'm really happy with the result and can definitely recommend Dallas Custom. The materials and craftsmanship are top notch, much nicer than the stock upholstery I sent them to start with. They can't guarantee the heat will still work but mine does. Yours may or may not. For me it was ok being a variable. Pricing varies based on options, shipping etc but figure $400-500. I think less if you go alcantara but I'm not really sure since I didn't investigate that option.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
Dylan861330.00
ggggbmw432.50