06-30-2018, 10:41 AM   #1
Clear_Blue22
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 230i MSport

Garage List
2018 BMW 230i  [0.00]
230i Tune issue

Looking for some input on an issue I’m having with my recently installed DINAN elite tune on my 230i B46. Between the range of 2400 to 3200 rpm I get a blink of an eye loss of power that immediately comes back almost like I keep getting air bubbles in the line. The wife describes it as feeling like we hit a couple bumps in the road. Watching the gauge I can see the needle tick backwards a hair as it smoothly runs through the power band, kind of like an old watch. This happens at the same rpm range in any gear (MT) with more than 60% throttle applied. It’s worst when I let off the gas completely and let the car coast to 2000 rpm and then accelerate again through the range. This occurs in any mode, and only when the S1 DINAN tune is on. If I bypass it, the car feels lacking in any power by comparison, but the sputtering is gone. If I’m using less than 50% throttle it rolls through smoothly. It’s more prevalent if I ease into the throttle continuously vs flooring it. DINAN says I’m the only one to complain of the issue, and I’m on my second unit now with 0 inprovement. I took several slomo videos with my phone on an open back road and I can clearly see the needle pause then continue at what is approximately the same RPMs every time. 2400, 2600, 2900, 3100. Any advice or input or suggestions to try would be greatly appreciated.
Appreciate 0