View Single Post
      04-18-2020, 10:08 AM   #12
dradernh
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maynard View Post
I got my dealership to do an extra oil/filter change after break-in without much prodding (but I did pay, not part of free maintenance program); don't think they reset the computer. This would have been spring of 2016 on a '16 model. I do recall a bit of mindless corporate babbling about how it was a total waste of money and the computer sensor was all you need to go by, but they didn't refuse.
I had my dealer do it when mine was in for one of the "free" engine oil changes. I gave the SA a list of all the earlier-than-scheduled fluid changes I wanted her to make sure got done. She's a former ice-racer from Alaska, so I got no static whatsoever. Big win! lol

As I was checking out, she said when the SM reviewed the order the two of them had a little back-and-forth before he got the message. He thought that I thought they would do it all for "free" and was ready to reduce the order to just the engine oil change.

I like the dealership staff, but the only other car person I've met there is gone. I'm hoping this one sticks, because she's fun, and she gets it. I'll still use my independent except when I'm in for "free" service or actually need the dealership to do the work.
Appreciate 1
Maynard3848.00