DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onesie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
Agreed that anything illegal has no place on any forum. But my point is, from a censorship perspective, why does the legal/illegal line need to be the only line for a corporate run platform like Twitter. Shouldn't twitter as a corporate entity be free to run their business and decide what legal content is and is not on their platform?
I think they can determine what to allow or not, but Musk’s whole take (unless I’m mistaken) was that free speech needed to be upheld.

Now, you can make the claim that Twitter would censor “right wing speech” or whatever because it deemed that to be more profitable (more advertisers would come, and less would flee). That wasn’t good for Musk, so he bought it with the intention to allow free speech as he called Twitter a “public square”.

Now if he bans someone because they post a swastika (for whatever reason, not sure what Kanye’s was) he is literally making the same decision (ban someone because if I don’t then other people will be annoyed and/or advertisers will flee), so it doesn’t make much sense to me. What about public square is it if legal (albeit controversial) speech is banned?
Lol, thats actually exactly what Kanye posted.
Appreciate 0