View Single Post
      12-03-2022, 12:10 PM   #276
________
________
Rep
Drives: ________

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
Newspapers and magazines make decisions every day about which stories to run, which ones to bury, and which ones to twist to fit a narrative. Every election season your local newspaper comes out in support of one candidate or another. But we seem OK with that generally, right? If one rag leans too far one direction you go find another one that leans the other way.

Is the problem here that people (naively) think or thought that Twitter as a company was fair and balanced in how they operate? Did we expect them to be politically agnostic? If they've found that leaning Left is a better business model, should we not celebrate the free market and let it play out? Take our business elsewhere if we dont like it.

I have a hard time believing anyone here would be shocked if I strolled on over to Truth Social, begin posting Left wing pro Antifa garbage, and got censored.

Not trying to turn my own thread political here so let's keep the debate to one of censorship. From my vantage point, I never did think social media platforms were balanced, nor do I expect them to be. As businesses in the free market, I expect them to craft a platform that fits their profit model. Just like the mods here at BP are free to decide where the line is and, sometimes, enforce that in what appears to us to be a haphazard and unbalanced fashion. It's their platform, their business to protect, and their right to do it in whatever way they see fit. If I dont like it I can find a different platform.
So your gripe with musk’s direction is exclusively related to his business decisions on culling, right? I think so, just confirming. I think the “let’s level the playing field” disagreement is a separate one.
Appreciate 0