View Single Post
      11-18-2018, 07:39 PM   #63
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

I'm sure you're much more knowledgable than the FIA race director...

He said Ocon's move was "wholly unacceptable".

Verstappen kept his driving line as he is entitled as race leader compared to someone he has lapped.

Ocon wanted to stand his ground and decided not to back off (maybe because he got the go ahead from his team). And he got his punishment for that.

I honestly dont know why this is a debate. Its pretty arrogant to think you know things better than the FIA Race director. The race director can judge penalties given by the stewards, but he didnt. That says enough imho. And the race director is a key person in defining the sporting regulations what's and what's not acceptable on the track.

He said about Ocon's overtaking action: "Drivers unlapping themselves has happened many times in the past, but of course you expect it to be done safely. More to the point, it should be done cleanly and absolutely without fighting -- you shouldn't be fighting to get past."
And thats why Ocon was at fault.
Its like I said, he couldnt overtake verstappen on the straight because of his poor car placement at the beginning of the straigth, leaving a huge gap. He could only place his car next to verstappen at the end of the straigth. At that point he should have backed down and try it at another spot, but instead he decided not to and place his car on the inside of verstappen in the next corner where there was no space. In the pic I placed its very clear that verstappen was in front of Ocon.

And its not about infallibility of judicial systems. It's a race. And the stewards (and race director) get to determine who's wrong and who's right. Not you or me, or the drivers or team bosses for that matter.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t

Last edited by GuidoK; 11-18-2018 at 07:52 PM..
Appreciate 0