mk1-fan
Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 2018 G30 540i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post
Ocon chose a point to unlap Verstappen where Verstappen had to deviate from the ideal driving line. Also he still wasnt past Verstappen when they collided (Verstappens front wheel was in front of Ocon's one).
Imho thats not allowed.
If he wanted to pass Verstappen he should have done it on another spot. When they drove up to the straight there was maybe 6-10 car lenghts in between so Ocon only just passed Verstappen at the end. If Ocon wanted to pass Verstappen without hindering him, he should have taken care of that distance at the beginning and be 2-3 car lengths behind Verstappen when they drove onto the straight.
So pretty poor judgement from Ocon if you ask me.
This is the biggest problem for me. Max was told that Ocon was on fresh Super Soft tyres. max was on much older tyres. He knew he wasn't racing Ocon, but STILL felt the need to block Ocon on the pit straight.

Had he not done that, Ocon would have easily cruised past, unlapped himself, and opened up a gap. If Verstappen managed to catch up to him again, blue flags would have been shown, and Verstappen could lap him again.

Sadly, Verstappen used his heart instead his head, to made a dscision, and a badly one at that.

He must just remember one thing there will be a lot of other young and upcoming new drivers - Ocon, Leclerc, George Russell, etc, who could / will end up in competitive cars. They will want to show everyone that they are a match for him, and will not shy away from confrontation.
Appreciate 1
minn1914037.50