View Single Post
      05-04-2022, 08:38 AM   #74
Murf the Surf
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Porsche 993

So my wife and I are considering moving to a Pick up truck, looked at Ram a few days ago, took one for a test drive and were impressed. Not sure if we will buy new or used yet as we are still trying to figure out what exactly we want. We live in the country now and are finding our little GLK to not meet our needs, as we are both retired now we are also thinking about pulling a 30ish foot trailer to Florida for the cold months so need a tow vehicle. Price for what we want is about $70K CAD. I thought for shits and giggles I'd look at the Ford F-150 Lightning. Just did an online build. So the entry level XLT with an extended range battery and not many other options comes in at $86K + tax etc.

The range is stated at 340 miles, (270 miles for basic battery). Of course that will be reduced in cold weather or pulling a 10,000 lb trailer.

We often drive to see family in the GTA, the range on this thing will get us one way and not back. My sister in law lives in an apartment building with no charging so I'd have to find a place to plug it in overnight.

This might appeal to contractors who have short drives to job sights but for me I just don't see it at all. I have to wonder what the range will be pulling a trailer. What's my trip to Florida look like, and then I have to find places to plug in on the way.

Maybe I have it all wrong, but I just don't see it.
Appreciate 0