08-22-2017, 12:33 PM   #21
Pparana
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 m235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audioholics View Post
Guys;

At the beginning of July, my fairly new M235i was rear ended by a texting 18yo driver and did over $12k worth of damage according to the insurance estimate. The kid had crappy insurance so I had to make the claim through my own company. My company has been pretty good and the guy overseeing my claim is a BMW enthusiast. He recommended I take my car to a BMW certified repair shop which I did.

After they took the car apart, they found other things that needed replacing such as the air conditioner condenser, among other things. This raised the estimate to almost $14k.

My car was supposed to be ready 2 weeks ago. When I went to pick it up, I found so many detail issues wrong such as misaligned bumpers and trim molds, scratches on the bumper that they replaced and painted, misaligned headlight, dirty engine, rubber gasket that holds the hood open broken, etc.

So they took another week to fix these issues. I went back last Friday and found more issues such as scratched headlight (at least this time it was aligned properly), poorly polished bumper in a small area, door molding loose and needing replacing.

I also discovered they didn't finish the paint on the metal parts that attach the trunk. They claimed BMW doesn't apply a clear coat to those pieces. I don't think this is right since I've never seen paint mismatch inside a trunk of any car I've ever owned. I even looked at a pic of my car after the accident before the repair and could clearly see all metal surfaces in the trunk matched color, including the connection joints.

I attached some pics of their poor workmanship though I don't have the real obvious ones available like the bumper misalignments which they have recently addressed. The engine has been cleaned since I complained and I attached an image in case anyone can see anything that may be wrong that I missed.

I even had my car inspected by BMW but they missed all of these details. BMW said there were no issues other than a bubble in my tire which was just replaced along with realigning the car.

I am very concerned that if this repair shop screwed up obvious little details, how do I know they properly reassembled the air condenser and anything else they had to move inside the engine compartment? It really makes me fed up and I'm tempted to just sell the car after I get it back and get another one.

Thoughts?

They took the deck lid off the car for paint, hence they did not clear the hinges, they did clear the underside which is more than factory. The lights were just installed wrong, and they did not adjust the bumper tab. I have had all those parts of my car since I did a full respray (laguna seca blue). Just shitty reassembly. Certified shops are usually the worst, other than audi.

Drive the car for a bit, if it feels off sell it. Just my 2 cents but most cars can be fixed visualy but never track or handle right after a hit.
Appreciate 0