View Single Post
      05-17-2020, 04:09 PM   #58
AleksanderSuave
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240iX Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimBimM2 View Post
Oh god Suave you are a Philosopher King! A giant amongst men! Thank you for the part number, I was looking it up on RealOEM, so this just saved me a shit load of time.

I will order it right now!
Just make sure its compatible with your car lol. I didnt consider the fact that it might not be, since its a gasket, and its downpipe to turbo..so I assume they're all the same.

as far as pricing goes..shipping is the killer..if you need to order other stuff to get to free shipping, it helps, but standalone, BMW of Northwest was the cheapest for me. I think it was $23 shipped.

Also..there is a clamp that connects the midpipe to the downpipe. The clamp is welded onto the midpipe, but the bolt in mine was highly rusted..nut just kept spinning. I had to dremel it off.

this is the correct part number 18307620661 - its called a repair kit, so I'm assuming the above issue is a common.

I didnt have the part number or info when I did it, so I substituted..I believe it was a 5/16 by 2 inch (length) carriage bolt, and 2 nuts for peace of mind.

It would be good to have that as a backup. You can always return it if you dont use it, but the alternative is hunting at HD for the substitute parts, which isnt fun.

Finally..If you're dropping the exhaust for the turbo install..you may have rusted flange nuts on the rear-most hangers.

These are actually cheap.

Part number: 18307620661 you will need two of them. got them on ebay for $1.18/piece.

These specifically cannot be sourced locally. Mine were rusted out, only one came off. The other will need to be torched.

Last edited by AleksanderSuave; 05-17-2020 at 04:28 PM..
Appreciate 0