View Single Post
      05-15-2020, 05:22 PM   #48
AleksanderSuave
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240iX Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimBimM2 View Post
Dorsch Stage 2 pump low pressure line blocks cyl 5 coil/plug? https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1719469

Check this thread. Did you read the edit in my last post about the whiny Dorsch pump?

To be honest I am worried as I would HAAATE to hear that shit or any of that in a convertible.

the whine would bother me less than the idea of a blocked cylinder.

The lady of the house drives a nissan xterra (second gen). I did the spark plug service on her car, and it was truly a bear. Intake plenum blocked plug #6. I fought with it for an hour, with multiple wobble sockets and extensions.

my buddy who works at the Nissan dealership told me that they book it at something like 3-4 hours..because they will disassemble and re-assemble the entire intake plenum.

I had no desire to partake in that, then saw guys online talking about removing the hood and standing on top of the engine to get better access.

Either way, I dont like it...any option that blocks a cylinder/spark plug/coil pack will make a routine spark plug service an opportunity to remove and break something else that you cannot easily replace or source locally.
Appreciate 1
BimBimM21486.00