View Single Post
      01-17-2019, 07:37 AM   #1
deletemeplease
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Upgraded Struts and Shocks for xDrive M235i?

Hey all. I've just got over 6 months of ownership with my M235i xDrive and was looking into possibly lowering it for next year. This is my first BMW. The car has just shy of 56k miles and I was thinking about replacing the struts and shocks as well since I will be in there.

I'm not looking at anything crazy. I don't do track days but do occasionally attend an autocross event (usually 3-4 events a year). I am considering Dinan springs. However, I get confused with what aftermarket struts/shocks I could use. I'm not really interested in coilovers... been there, done that.

I understand that I will need to have some EDC coding done if I'm not using a plug and play solution.

Does anyone here have any damper suggestions? I have a friend who has the Koni FSD's (Koni active now?) on his e9x 335i xDrive and I love how it rides. I think I've only seen them available on a single website (and I can't even remember where I saw them listed).

It looks like Turner only offers the Bilstein B8's? ECS offers nothing but OEM replacements. BavAuto offers nothing. FCPEuro seems to offer nothing but OEM replacements.

Am I limited to just coilovers?

I'm kind of bummed. I wish I did more research on the platform before purchasing as I see the RWD variant seems to have some options. I picked xDrive because we can see some significant snow in the NE and thought that may work in my favor.

Appreciate any insight/feedback/personal experience!
Appreciate 0