View Single Post
      07-09-2018, 01:58 PM   #78
edub92
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M235i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt_and View Post
There isn't very much weight to be lost unfortunately. I have gone through every part on the car and only found maybe a couple of hundred pounds to be lost. And then most will be added back on with the roll cage. But... Maybe it will be different than I think and we will get the car to shed a ton of weight!

Carbon roof will in fact be RKP. The labor hours should be around 12 hrs including glass removal. The hours are confirmed by BMW for the carbon roof for the m2 competition.

As for oil/fuel starvation, the m240i (B58 engine) has not experience any of that.
When it comes to weight reduction how extreme are you going? Are you going to keep AC/heaters/speakers? I assume the stock m235i dash may be a bit heavier than the dash that is fitted in the m235ir version...

I'm curious as to how they get the m235iR down to 3100 lbs. I was thinking 400 lbs would be a realistic target if you include the carbon roof+hood, fully stripping interior, aftermarket seat/wheel, lighter weight battery (stock battery weighs a ton i imagine), no ac heater, catless and straight pipe exhaust....

though i agree the cage is going to add a good chunk of weight back in the car.