View Single Post
      07-09-2018, 10:14 AM   #71
edub92
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M235i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt_and View Post
I’ve been busy lately so I haven’t had time to update. But the answer is yes, the widebody install is currently happening! In addition to the widebody, we are upgrading the bushings, coilovers, adding sway bars, m235iR wing, custom steering wheel, custom splitter, custom race exhaust, and possibly a custom diffuser. It will be receiving a wrap with a tasteful livery. A month from now is when it’s scheduled to go in for the rollcage, carbon fiber roof, and a good stripping. We are trying to retain some of the oem aesthetics and luxury features but depending on what it weighs in at, the luxuries might have to go.

You can check out my Instagram (capt_and) and the Texas Track Works instagram (texastrackworks) as we are uploading updated pictures more frequently.

Here are some pictures of the widebody mock-up along with a picture of the car's last time on track as a "stock" m240i.

Looking good! Just followed you and TTX on instagram, keep up the good work!

Your build is going down the same direction I plan to take my M235i in a couple years... I want to turn it into an M235i/M235iR with ~500-550whp, an M235i GTS if you will...

What is your weight goal? 3100 lbs? Or are you trying to achieve lower than that?

Which carbon roof are you using? RKP? can you give me a relative idea of what this costs if possible?

also can you take pictures of how you guys end up ducting the brakes? very curious how you guys do it, i hope it solves your overheating problems

last but not least i wanted to get your opinion/have you weigh in on any engine oil starvation issues... have you run into anything yet? curious as to who else ran into it and if anyone else has performed the sump upgrade. ive been following this other thread and am very curious: https://www.2addicts.com/forums/show....php?t=1474653

i am very much obsessed with the notion of looking for inspiration via the m235iR - it's like BMW did all the hard work for us.

anyways cheers and keep us posted!