View Single Post
      10-24-2017, 07:18 PM   #31
Luftwaffe1O1
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M235i, 2000 Z3

I wouldn't say mine has been unreliable, but NAV is the only issue that has actually occurred.

And there were 2 separate occurances:

1- About 2 months after purchase my NAV/Computer would randomly start resetting, and then upon boot up would just go into a reset loop for a while. They replaced the entire system for this.

2- Sometime earlier this year the screen went blank and said no connection in red letters. They did a software flash and it seems to have gone away. *knock on wood*

As far as actual issues popping up, I cant say I have had any actual problem with the car malfunctioning so far. Just rattles, which while annoying, I wouldn't count towards being actual faults with the car, as there are a number of factors that can lead to this (such as crappy streets for instance).

Now the car might be prone to some rattles, and when you add in terrible street conditions, those areas tend to be the ones to commonly cause noises.

But overall the dealer has been pretty good in addressing them if I can get them replicated. The problem is they occur only under certain road conditions, and the damn roads by my dealer are much smoother.

I have seriously had times where I was bringing the car in, all the way to the dealer I heard an annoying rattle, once I got there, went for drive with the tech, wouldn't make a peep. Its like the car was like "Nooo nooo i'll be good please don't leave me here"