View Single Post
      10-23-2017, 12:55 PM   #28
pz619
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F87 M2C 6MT, Tesla 3

This just has me convinced I have the infamous Friday afternoon build or I'm just very unlucky. My 3 series was damn near bulletproof, my 2 series never had a motor related problem, but just about everything else.

1. Interior of the doors pop off (towards the upper rear of the door) if you close the door too hard. Already replaced under warranty but it seemed to be worse, now I just pop them back in when they fall out.
2. Exhaust valve electrical connection would simply fall out. Happened twice. So now I just left it unplugged and taped it to the car out of sight.
3. Interior rattles. Dear god. There are so many I don't bother with asking the dealership to attempt the fix. Instead I drive with the windows down or music on. Besides, I can now hear the exhaust better with the windows down.
4. TMPS - this a quarterly battle and honestly the most infuriating. Generally one of the sensors will somehow lose connectivity. Sometimes the car thinks there is 0 PSI in all the tires. Usually results in a sensor being replaced and some other module replaced under warranty.
5. Moonroof leaked water and was fixed. The fixed introduced this crazy creaking noise. To counteract I greased it up liberally with gummi fledge (or whatever that crazy miracle concoction is called).
6. This one is new and arguably the funniest. While driving the driver side window will sometimes roll it self down if you hit a bump. My guess it's the pinch sensor but who knows. This will also randomly happen when you turn the car off. It probably happens once or twice a week so if it continues to be a problem I'll hand it off to my SA, who we've gotten to know each other quite well over the last few years.

With all that said I still like the car and would do it again. The things that really matter to me such as motor, suspension, etc have worked flawlessly.
Appreciate 0