clbmw
Major
Rep
Drives: 320d M135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarei
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndukyh View Post
Why couldn't they make something more along the lines of MB's GLA? This thing just looks like an ugly version of that. So sad
Because right now MB has a much better design team than BMW
Sad, but true
Other than the 6 series gran coupe
None of the recent BMW designs have anything distinctive
New 3 series/4 series could almost be a facelift of the e90/92
5 series looks good, but nothing special
1 series front end is butt ugly
New x5 is a slight change from the old x5
It's almost like back in the bangle days they were trying too hard to be distinctive
And now they are playing it way too safe

Of the current lineups
Audi and MB have better looking models
;(
I think that opinion is entirely subjective, albeit I respect it but disagree.

My take would be whilst the 2 has a stupid name and they stretched the eyelids on the lights too much it is more aesthetically pleasing than the competition.
Audi models with the exception of the A1 and maybe the new A6 look so alike to me it is no wonder people use phrases like sausage factory looks. Mercedes in my opinion have started churning out some revolting looking cars the latest of which to me look unfinished e.g. very awkward lines around the headlights which are not parallel and seem to introduce visual tension for the sake of it (the now out of date C class is far more attractive than the extruded monster we saw recently).

Whilst we're not in a bangle style phase (which has some advantages), I think personally BMW are ahead overall in design in retaining characteristics yet introducing changes but without dropping their cars through the ugly tree.
Appreciate 0