View Single Post
      06-20-2022, 07:22 PM   #13
Fiesta ST to M240i
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by AleksanderSuave View Post
Your problem is identical to the one I had. You can even look up my old thread in here.

The long and the short of it is, after 2 tow ins to the dealership, they identified Dinan stage 1 tuner as the issue. It’s been hypothesized in the community that it’s the wiring harness that causes the fault, I don’t believe this as cost-wise it wouldn’t make sense for Dinan to come out with an entirely different piggyback module and build just to solve a wiring issue.

After multiple emails with them, Dinan offered to replace my v1 with a v2. They failed to mention that the app doesn’t work with v2 and at the time also didn’t mention that the v2 tune was quite neutered compared to v1.

They also stuck me with the bill for the labor on the replacement after my Dinan certified Bmw dealership specifically told me that they won’t do work on credit for Dinan anymore because they don’t pay their bills.

In the end I had to chase them for something like 2 months for reimbursement on the labor, and they still shorted me on sales tax and some other part of the bill because they didn’t feel it was something they should pay for.

Buy yourself a reputable flash tune and ditch the Dinan piggyback. It’s a dinosaur compared to what’s out on the market now.
Yikes!! Thanks for the heads up. Was going to actually call tomorrow and get an update on my warranty claim. So even in bypass mode the wiring harness was messing with how the car ran?

That sucks because I wasn't trying to get a tune of any sort for a little while. Maybe I'll just say screw it and get that CG precision downpipe and tune it lol

Latest update is my intake actually came loose under boost/driving or something and after tightening that it's doing much better BUT after 2 days of 100% problem free driving, today I had some hesitations right before getting home. I almost feel like it's tied to how hot/humid it is out as it was flawless over the weekend where it was 70's and low humidity.
Appreciate 0