Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20 2020 M340

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread
Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerMat135 View Post
Please read the poll result lot of people don`t want to see a 4cyl in this car why BMW want to insist on it?

A 4cyl will sound horrible, won`t be smooth, won't have such a nice flat torque curve, will probably get and higher turbo lag, will probably get long term reliability issues(if it does have 180-190hp/liter) and will probably use more fuel in the real world than a straight 6. For all of thoses reason I find the 4 cyl to be unacceptable in the M2 especially that this car won't sell cheapt. If BMW go ahead with this in the M2 that will be a complete deal breaker for me and for alot of person I would think.
Then buy an M4, just ignore all the E9x owners crying about the loss of their precious V8. I'd rather have an M2 that isn't just an M4Lite.

I'm sure BMW stays up late at night worrying about polls on car forums.
Unlike the brand whores and the posers who make up the majority of buyers of 320's and 328's BMW, a vast majority of the 740 owners of the 1M are enthusiasts and members of this forum. So I think without a doubt that the 450 votes on this poll (84% of whom would prefer an I6 and 54% of whom would only consider a 6 cylinder M2) is a very statistically representative sample of the market.

Maybe BMW should be watching this forum and even if they are not, I'm sure their own market research would have led them to the same conclusion: the M2 should have an I6
Appreciate 0