Viffermike
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 black-n-blue 718 Cayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrys@BimmerTech View Post
THIS IS NOT TRUE!!!
I don't even understand how you could post something like this without checking it first with us or Audiotec Fischer (manufacturer of the amp). Maybe you know it is not true but just posted this false information for some reason

Our exclusive version of PP82DSP has been hardware modified for BMW's factory audio system to guarantee that you will be getting the full power from this amp (signal-to-noise ratio has been modified). With regular PP82DSP you will not be able to reach power levels mentioned in the amp spec.
Moreover you can buy this version of PP82DSP ONLY from BimmerTech or our distributors.
Finally it's the only 100% plug and play amp/DSP kit on the market as it includes dedicated bracket, harness and base tune.

I am not going to comment on your posts anymore but hopefully other forum members can see your credibility now.
Patrys,
Back when I was reviewing the specs between Bimmertech's Match amp and the Match PP82DSP, no mention was made of any of this by your representatives. No mention of any of this was, at the time, made of any of this on your website, either. I find this quite curious. Before you accuse me of not knowing what I'm talking about, please review your marketing and business practices -- which, I will now mention because you opened the door, sir, has been highly suspect and not well thought out regarding this product at all. You delivered product late to initial customers, include no installation instructions (including no mention of the USB-access issue when installed) and you still insist on calling the product PnP when it is not because of the conflict it creates with the 2-series' ASD, which requires quasi-legal coding to eliminate.

Also, I wouldn't question my credibility again. I'm pretty sure, in the realms I've had issue with (marketing, product positioning, legal requirements, etc.), I've got more experience than you do, and at a far, far higher level. I do it every day.

Quote:
Another thing is your comment about our tunes that will be worth nothing if speakers are upgraded. ITS NOT TRUE AGAIN.
First of all there are more and more tunes created by forum members, e.g. 3-series community at http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1182351
so this amp is a great platform for people to create and share their own tunes.
That, sir, is precisely my point: forum members supply the tunes, not Bimmertech -- and the HK tune is for the F30, which has different rear speaker placements than the F22 and, as has been VERY well documented, has a completely different system specs as well.

As you're well aware, speaker characteristics differ wildly between models in measures as important as ohm rating and sensitivity to as subtle as frequency response across the audible spectrum. Anyone who's familiar with how DSP works will tell you that changing even one speaker in the system requires readjustment of certain parameters because of those differences. In a nutshell: a DSP 'tune' accounts for everything from time delay and room acoustics (i.e., the car's interior) to frequency shaping and harmonic elimination. If you change one part of the DSP formula, the entire rest of the formula ideally must be re-adjusted.

It's common sense, really. If you use one tablespoon of cayenne pepper in a recipe instead of one teaspoon, you'd better adjust some other parts of the recipe before serving that dish. The same theory applies.

Quote:
Secondly, we have been creating new tunes and will keep doing that, but obviously it's impossible to have a tune for everyone to match all different speaker combinations and sound preferences.
Great -- and I'd advise you to be up front about that when you're selling your product.

Quote:
Finally and the most important, you do not have to change your tune every time you change speakers. Think about the factory amp which has a certain tune and all the people that upgrade only speakers and keep the factory amp. The sound is better with the same factory amp/tune and upgraded speakers, so if someone says "the tune supplied won't be worth a damn if you've switched out any speakers for aftermarket ones." you can't take it seriously. It seems it's better to have a professional tune for your speakers and this amp gives you possibilities to create one, but there is no perfect tune. Even tune files we had created professionally sometimes do not match music taste of some customers. That being said you do not have to change the tune every time you change speakers but you can...
Please see my second response above.

Also (emphases added here), Fact: Changing just the speakers changes the sound drastically with the OEM amp. Why wouldn't the same exact thing -- Changing just the speakers changes the sound drastically with the Bimmertech amp -- be the case? This, sir, is common sense!

No, of course you don't HAVE to -- but to get the most out of a system such as Bimmertech's (not to mention any speakers a customer may have chosen), it's a no-brainer to "start from scratch", as I said before -- preferably, but not necessarily, by a professional with DSP tuning experience. Sure, the supplied tunes can be used as a baseline.

I will agree with you regarding the nonexistence of the "perfect" tune -- it's partially subjective, as I've mentioned in other posts, and the car environment is already far from ideal anyway.

*Edit: I understand BimmerTech is based in Poland. Nothing wrong with that at all. But you must (and, surely?!) understand that laws governing product sales differ from country to country. In the U.S., we have laws against something called false advertising. Eventually, whether it's in a forum, on a website, or wherever, practicing false advertising will catch up to you if you continue to sell to consumers in this country.

Finally, to the OP: Sorry for the derail. This company brought it on itself.

Last edited by Viffermike; 01-05-2016 at 12:35 PM.. Reason: Added a point
Appreciate 1