11-05-2018, 04:53 PM   #798
Dylan86
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: F15d msport, F22 m235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dradernh View Post
He wants a square setup with 255s. That would allow him to rotate any tire to any corner, and it would match tire width to the car's power better than BMW chose to do it.

I wanted the same, but the unusual offset in the rear (read: good luck finding a wide choice of wheels) put paid to that unless I was willing to make modifications I either didn't want made or didn't want to pay for. Since the 255s were the main priority, I ended up with the wheels in my signature: 18X9½ ET58 & 17X9 ET42.

The whole exercise was a PITA. It's as though BMW doesn't know that it has buyers who modify their cars for looks or performance. Instead, they leave little room for wider tires in the rear and cap it off with a rear offset that's a total outlier.
They also do it, intentionally (imo) to help sell the M2/3/4 lol. Want wide wheels and lots of grip, please enter the M2, that's how I see it. There are few 9" options, but the Apex 18x9 et42 is a great square setup and can use semi-aggressive camber settings for street use and still get decent DD tire wear.