OldCrow7xx
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i Xdrive 8A

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Hockey4 View Post
So when moving to Sport mode (not +) you have push traction once to remove or is default on ? (appears on for me, I think)

You also can hold for 5 second to turn everything off, but only in Sport+ mode ?

I have no intention of turning all off, and even at track will use standard Sport mode (dont have LSD). And while I've had enough squirrely cars in past, this computer stuff tougher to gauge.

Thx for clarification.
Tested it yesterday. Pressing DTC button from any drive mode puts you directly to "Traction Mode" which is not visible in the mode hierarchy in the system until you do this. Very bad user experience and very over complicated.

Then pressing and holding for 5 seconds turns both the DSC and its underling DTC completely off. In this mode (also not seen anywhere in the menus or guides) all the nannies are OFF (tires will spin and car will slide with no help) but the ADB/ E-LSD is turned on. Everyone on here says the E-LSD is garbage. Your engine mapping and throttle input are also reduced one level for easier manipulation when in this "ultimate" mode.

Sport+ gets sharper settings for engine map and throttle input because with the help of the nannies you can tolerate these settings being turned all the way up.

Sport+ does have DTC enabled by default, so this means you have "traction" but are not in "traction mode" because your other attack parameters are still turned all the way up whereas in pure "traction mode" those things are reduced.

Basically, if you want DTC on, which means you want some wheel spin and some freedom over your car, you have to pick between "Traction" for less aggressive and "Sport +" for all out aggressive driving.

If you turn DSC off, it by nature turns DTC off and E-LSD on. Hold on for dear life because your 400whp vehicle is now under only your control!!!

Vert very bad user interface and over complicated system. All drive modes should be visible at all times in the menus and interfaces, and DTC should just be something you enable or disable manually per drive profile. Same for E-LSD. They made it way too hard to understand lol

2016 F22 M235 8A HK NBTevo | CTS HEX Intake | CTS Chargepipe | Gplus Intercooler | VRSF DP | BM3 Stage 2+ | 18" CSL Replicas | XHP X-Delete
Appreciate 0