Autobacs
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X6M

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post
Only the difference is that ALO was the only one to come in for slicks. Everyone else came in on inters.
At the time ALO came in for slicks, BOT, STR, ZHO, ALB and SAR were already out on inters, and RUS, TSU and DEV were also pitting, but all on inters.
And within a few seconds after that, GAS, OCO and HAM also came in for inters.

It could have worked the other way round, sure but it didn't and the whole field realised that. It's a bit like the Hungary GP, where everyone then pitted for slicks exept HAM, standing on the grid all by himself in inters on a dry track.
That could have worked the other way around as well.... but it didn't and every team realised that exept MERC back then.

It was a big mistake from AMR/ALO. Luckily he had the room at the back to OCO to not loose a position, but realistically and objectively it was the wrong call. At the time he came in it was already wet on some parts. Max made the right call to drive one extra lap on those worn tyres to see how it would develop.

I cried noooo (well, I was surprised and had my doubts, no actual cry though ), Artemis cried nooooo, all the commenters on the sports channels cried nooooo (at least the ones I've seen), but you cried "Yessssss" ?!?
I neither cried yes or no because I personally do not have the information required to make an informed opinion of what the right call is, simple as that.
Appreciate 0