View Single Post
      05-29-2023, 08:06 PM   #18
Clark_Kent
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrock645 View Post
There's at least some guarantee if you get a pro level coating and follow the terms. But if you're getting any of the consumer level coatings.. there is absolutely no guarantee on how long it will last. Improper paint prep, not enough curing time before getting wet- even just dew point- can ruin a coating's longevity. A coating that might've lasted 3 years with perfect application now will only last 3 months.

That's why I point out pro detailers using the IR lamps. Not 100% necessary per se- but it is typical in the process of a pro level coating- it's how they can guarantee proper bonding.

And 350 for a coating install? No self respecting detailer is doing that job for that price. I used to do some detailing on the side, and that was the going rate for a one step polish using an all in one polish/wax product like HD speed.
I would love to be wrong but I've yet to read about or witness someone exercising their warranty on any professional grade coating. There's a laundry list of written and unwritten rules about how a ceramic coated vehicle should be cared for in order to make a warranty claim. The problem is there's no way for an owner to prove they properly cared for the vehicle. You can't prove you've only handwashed the car and have never run it through the BP gas station car wash. You can't prove it's always stored in a garage and is rarely exposed to the elements for extended periods of time. You can't prove you wash it at least every week or every other week, worst case scenario. You also can't prove you used the appropriate products and not whatever's on sale at Wal-Mart. The ceramic coating warranties are about as bogus as the $2,500+ these detailers are charging for them.