View Single Post
      04-13-2021, 10:47 AM   #4
ScottSmith
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW E46 N20

Port B definitely allows you to change the oil for oil changes. BTDT. Be patient since it takes a while for the oil to fully drain out, at least when cold. Don't forget to preemptively add an extra quart or so on an oil change to account for the accusump. You should always top off after filling the accusump (duh).

I bought my thermostat off ebay so the price difference was nominal ;-)

I replaced the air pressure gauge. I had an extra 100psi sensor laying around, but that isn't enough when the oil pump isn't in MAP control mode. Also note the pressure is always higher at the thermostat than at the oil pressure sensor on the block (according to the N20 tech manual, it's at the end of the oil passageways where the crank bearings are).

I have a Moroso unit instead of Accusump, but it'll be fairly similar. The port for the gauge was 1/4" NPT. My end caps are held in by circlips; the Accusump might be a screwed on end. My sensor was 1/8" NPT so I needed an adapter. Given my end caps are "loose" this worked out since I could install the adapter with the end cap off the bottle first, and now I can swap sensors by just putting a wrench on the adapter. If you go this route think about whether you want an adapter or a sensor that goes directly into the end cap.

The sensor I used is MLH100PGB06A, but there are tons of others that will work instead.
Appreciate 0