siwo
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i RWD 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballinisahabit View Post
Thanks, love them so far. The pictures don't really do them justice as they look even better in person.

I've checked on them once since install, and there hasn't been any issues with overheating/melting wires/etc. Will check them again this weekend just in case, and will update this thread if I notice any problems.

Haven't had any complaints from oncoming drivers regarding glare. I also tested them by driving behind a friend's car, and he did not have any complaints either.

The only thing I'm unsure of is whether I'm supposed to code the car for LEDs or leave them as is. Hoping someone could chip in to offer some advice.
Whenever you install any other bulbs other than the standard halogen, you're better to code it out. This way it doesn't have to constantly check and send jolts of electricity to it and 2, removes the damn warning message...unless your wattage draw is enough to mimic the standard halogen watt draw and have the car think it's fine.

I've installed LED on my wife's MINI Countryman with standard halogen reflectors, the light output is great on the product but for some reason the bulbs have begun to fail after 6 months (approx 10,000km driving) but then again the MINI uses the low beams as DRL so the lights are on every time the vehicle is on. I have since removed the bulbs and are back to OEM halogens...

this is the bulb I had on the MINI.
2004 Civic Coupe Si(EX) 5MT - Retired
1993 Civic Coupe Si(EX) 5MT - Retired
Appreciate 0