View Single Post
      11-18-2022, 02:08 PM   #24
Watching The World Burn
Lengthy but not a Girthy Member
Rep
Drives: 1971 Honda Civic

Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
I agree with some things and that things are the way they are in the US especially and corporate culture in general. I very much disagree with it continuing though. What is the point of Musk coming in and making enemies with thousands of people? Many who he needs as has been shown by his backtracking on some of this. How does this help anything? Also, study after study has shown that employees with better work life balance are much more productive. I think we are nuts what we ask employees to do in some cases and it is counter productive usually for all involved. Just because something has been done one way forever doesn’t mean it is the right way. And no, a lot of people don’t have a choice and just have to take it for various reasons.

Musk still may turn it around, but he has definitely made it harder for himself and everyone else their that truly wants to stay and turn it around. Again, what is the point of that?
I'd definitely agree with the point that just because something has been done a certain way before is no reason for why it should continue to be done that way. Maybe it should, maybe there is a better way. While Musk strikes me as a workaholic, I feel as though he is probably most centred on getting whatever it is he wants done, done as quickly/efficiently as possible. If that were true, and if the studies are true that a better work life balance makes employees more productive, I have to think that he would be more than willing to pivot to that...again, provided that it demonstrably pays off. Studies can be wrong for a variety of reasons.

Like I said, I think Musk has likely miscalculated here, but I'm not sure. But the reason I say that is because to your point, I think he has likely gone so far, that it has made it more difficult then necessary for this to be a success. I think we all knew there would be a number of departures given the noted differences between the typical employee's approach and Musk's approach to the world, the question is whether the number of departures has reached a critical point where there it will be extremely difficult to recover from. It might have.

Time will tell, but nonetheless, I think you could probably agree that this will be very interesting to see how things play out by this time next year. Twitter might be gone (or effectively gone), or it might be quite successful, albeit having pivoted to a slightly (or radically) different space.

I'm not going to bet against the muskrat. His legion of loyal tesla followers have taught me that. Just not sure I would ever invest either...little volatile for me.
Appreciate 1
minn1914039.00