Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: M235i

Garage List
2011 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by den525 View Post
Might follow you and upgrade the sound system next, as I also only have hifi and not HK in my car... Have always looked into getting the focal kit for BMW... Unsure about amps (not have knowledgeable on aftermarket sounds).

Where did you get them from? How much? Diy or better professionally installed?
I bought Focals off eBay for $550 delivered (new). Should be easy to find it, it's from a local retailer. You will also need the door sail tweeter housing since the Hifi doesn't system have them. They're sold with HK tweeters inside for about $150 a pair from Schmiedmann.

There are videos from Focal and from Bavsound that will help with install. You could also dynamat the doors while you're at it, but I didn't as I was lazy.

I bought the amp from Bimmertech. There are a few other options but I think Bimmertech is currently one of the best options in terms of quality and ease of installation (although it's about $1,000). There's a long thread on the F30 forums about the amp. I downloaded some new tune files from the F30 thread the other day and it's a big improvement over stock.

Build thread: http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1149793
Appreciate 0