Little Deuce Coupe
United_States
Rep
Drives: SO M2C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by glaukopes View Post
Status 150 hype!!!

I think the process works a little differently for some people. I placed my order two weeks ago, but the tracking on the BMW website still incorrectly shows my car as a white xDrive and the initial status of "order documented." But today the dealer sent me what he called the "build sheet" which correctly shows a black rwd with all the correct options and a status of "150 - Production Started."

The phone number still says the same thing it said since day one--that my vehicle is "scheduled" for production with no confirmed production date. I used the production number when I set up my website account, and I've been using the production number for the phone too.

I noticed that the build sheet my dealer just sent me contains the VIN and it even appears he used the VIN to access it. The production number does match the one I've been using. I tried using the VIN number on the phone, but it wasn't hearing one of the letters correctly. Then when I tried typing it in on the keypad it said it couldn't find that VIN. I also tried adding a new vehicle on the website using the VIN this time instead of the production number, and it said it couldn't find the VIN. So I tried removing the existing car and then adding using the VIN. It still said it couldn't find it. So I re-added using the production number. This time it asked me for mileage and sale date--neither of which exist yet. I had to log out and back in again for it to show up in the tracking. This time it correctly shows as a black coupe! However, it still just says "order documented." Oh well. Hopefully the website and phone tracking are both behind and the dealer's info is correct that production has started.
I had the same experience going from "no production date" to "in production" with no in-between. Mine caught up 24 hours later on the phone system and a few hours after that online.
Appreciate 0