View Single Post
      09-03-2021, 01:48 PM   #1
470MR10
Rep
Drives: 2016 bmw 235i x-drive

Knoxville TN, Have any Mechanic Recommendations

Does anyone in or near Knoxville have any BMW, German automotive, or even European automotive mechanic recommendations?

Specifically if you could rate the following:
  • Kadunza
  • Marko's Garage
  • Eurotech
  • European Auto Garage

I'm especially interested to hear how Kadunza compares to Eurotech and European Auto Garage as I've had experience with the latter two.

If a mechanic you like is not on the list, please add them. I used to go to Turners Euro Services off Rutledge Pike when I had a 2002 330xi, but Jeff informed me he does not work on newer BMW's like the 2 series.

I've had mixed experiences with my VW R32 going to Knoxville mechanics who specialize in European cars, if not German specifically.

One terrible experience was with European Auto Garage where, on a routine check up, they informed that my timing belt was very worn and about to snap. Super troubling news, especially considering R32's have a timing chain. And no, it was not worn. And no, I don't think they even raised the hood.

Eurotech was good if I was having them do an install of an upgraded part from ECS that I felt was beyond my rather limited mechanic skills. But when it came to standard maintenance like my thermostat, it went from a $600 quote to a $1300 bill.

MF Auto did great work, and charged what they quoted. But they know they do great work, so they quote, and subsequently charge, accordingly. Not to mention, they are exclusively vw/audi group, so I really shouldn't have brought them up in the first place, sorry

Either way, thank you all for your time reading and responding.

Last edited by 470MR10; 09-03-2021 at 01:54 PM..
Appreciate 0